We are a walking group based in Norfolk, run by a bunch of relaxed, friendly, inclusive volunteers aimed at similar like-minded people.
Our group has been around since 2010 and has been growing steadily ever since – currently we have around 150 members!
We are part of the Ramblers, Britain’s largest walking charity.
We host everything from gentle 5 – 10 mile strolls plus more challenging 10+ mile hikes, also a wide range of social events and weekends away. Our walks are held at weekends, with the occasional midweek / evening walk during summer months.
We’re always on the lookout for new members and walk leaders, so please book on to a walk or social, or come along to one of our bi-monthly New Members (read pub) nights to check us out…
Three FREE walks for new members
Whether you are new to walking or an experienced walker who is looking for a group to walk with, you are more than welcome to join us on any of our walks. Your first three walks with us are completely free of charge or commitment, but after that we ask that you join the Ramblers, which is our parent organisation.
We typically run a walk every weekend, as well as regular socials and weekends away.
Benefits of joining
Ramblers membership allows you to come on our walks, join us on weekends away and enjoy our regular socials. The benefits go beyond just Hike Norfolk; for less than £3.50 a month, you get:
- To walk with any of the 500 Ramblers groups in the country
- To receive a 10-15% discount at various outdoor shops including Cotswold Outdoor and Go Outdoors
- Access a searchable library with thousands of routes on the Ramblers website and in your Ramblers App for you to discover new walks every day
- To have exclusive access to our Ramblers App bringing you the latest walking features and offers
- To receive four issues of Walk magazine a year packed full of kit reviews, life-changing stories and great routes
- To receive our welcome pack, crammed full, including a guide on how to help you make the most of your membership
Plus your membership will help the Ramblers protect our footpaths and green spaces, whilst helping more people get healthier and happier.
How to book on a walk or event
Our walks and events calendar is run from our Meetup page. Once viewed, if you see something you like please book a place.
If you have any questions (it doesn’t matter how silly you might think they are) please message us via the Contact us page and we’ll get back to as quickly as we can.